Monday 25 November 2013

Words, Numbers or Both?

If anybody knows anything about teaching then they'd know that it's lots of paper work. But I've got news for you, yes you. If you are a teacher and are looking for a way to save some time and paper then this post is just for you. Have you ever heard of a Word Processor? If you haven't, that's ok. A Word Processor is a program or a machine that allows you to store, manipulate, and format text entered from a keyboard and provides a print out. If you're still confused then you shouldn't be, because I'm sure you've used word processing software and didn't even know it. If you're ever created a word document using Microsoft office word or maybe a spreadsheet document using Microsoft excel, then that means you've used a Word processor before.  

Now how exactly are those going to save paper? How about creating your lesson plans and saving them on your computer? That eliminates paper use completely and it promotes the use of technology. If you want some more free time and there are just too many grades to average you can use a spreadsheet to enter grades and have your computer average them for you. Everything you need right at your fingertips. 

I like providing examples for you to see, like the good teacher that I am, so you will find below an example of a grade log that you could use with your grades. I added some colour and only initial grades and had my computer average the grades for each student for me. It was that simple. 



Like I always say, "Nothing beats a try". So if you're unsure, just try it out as I'm sure this will be as helpful to you as it is to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment